Tuesday 27 March 2012

Dr. Renaud Eye Care, LUSH goodies and more!

I have more birthday gifts pictured above, look at how spoiled I was! I got some cute Easter themed cookie cutters, some booze, hello kitty goodies (I can't get enough of her!), a shot glass from my good friends recent trip to New Orleans, some jewelry, LUSH products and Dr. Renaud products.
Amber and silver drop earrings and a lovely beaded necklace from Europe 
My dear friend (and blog reader!) Jen got me a cute little LUSH gift. It contained Sweetie Pie shower jelly, and a Shimmy Shimmy massage bar!
Shower jellies are multi-purpose blobs- they look just like jello! Sweetie pie smells like black currants, and it has little glitters in it. It has a seaweed base which softens skin, and it can be used as a shampoo as well! Just take a little pinch of the jelly, and smoosh it into your shower puff. It'll create loads of yummy smelling bubbles! Shower jellies are totally economical- they last forever! I am still on my first pot of Sweetie pie, and I have two more stashed away alongside a large-sized Iced Wine shower jelly. If you go into LUSH to purchase a shower jelly, they come in two sizes. I suggest you get the small one as a little goes a long way.
Shimmy Shimmy is LUSH's sparkly massage bar. Smelling of vanilla, this gliding little bar will cover you from head to toe in glitter, all the while relaxing and moisturizing your skin! It's fun for a night out on the town.
I also received some Dr. Renaud products. Dr. Renaud is a proudly Canadian-based beauty company that focuses on optimal skin care, with a wide range of products from blemish prevention to anti-aging. The products do not contain parabens, synthetic perfumes, colourants or alcohol, but rather focus on organic and fair trade ingredients, few preservatives and rigorous testing to ensure the best quality and results. I received two eye-care products as preventative measures for potential (gasp!) wrinkles and fine lines.
The Multi-Active Eye Contour Sensor ($42.95/15 ml) is an ultra-light cream that is meant to diminish the look of wrinkles and fine lines in a "lifting like" manner, reduce the appearance of bags and dark circles, smooth away any signs of fatigue, and brighten the eye area. This product is meant to be applied under the eyes in the morning before makeup application. I tried some out and found it to absorb very quickly.  It left my under eye area feeling exceptionally smooth all day long!
The Eye Contour Cream ($38.95/15ml) is a night cream meant to smooth wrinkles and crows feet, restructure and firm the eye area, reduce puffiness, hydrate and nourish the skin surrounding the eye, and lift the look of the eye. I found that it had a yeast-like smell. I am not sure why. This cream is a little thicker than the day cream, but still light and not greasy. It absorbed quickly into the top of my hand.
I am intrigued by these products- I had not considered anti-aging products because I still have acne-prone skin, but my eye area would be safe for these thicker creams. Do any of you ladies out there in your mid to late twenties use anti-aging beauty products? How do you know when the right time to start preventative action is?
--S

10 comments:

  1. I'm so tempted by Shimmy Shimmy! have you used it before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! It is very sparkly. It smells awesome- if you like glitter, you will LOVE it.

      Delete
  2. Love the necklace! What an awesome birthday haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I was totally spoiled this year! I am fortunate to have great family and friends <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comment! :D I love your blog! I'm a new follower to yours as well :)
    Looks like you got some great stuff here! The jewelry you got looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog :) Glad you like it! I am excited to rock that necklace with the right outfit.

      Delete
  4. nice blog .. thanks for following .. i followed back ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice blog …. Thanks for share with us!
    Digital Signage Eye Care

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...