Wednesday 28 March 2012

eBeauty Birthday Bag & LAVANILA "the healthy deodorant"

Remember that little post I made a couple days ago about eBeauty's awesome birthday bag? Well I got my shipping notice today and in the mid-afternoon it had already made it to my door! Talk about FAST shipping! Thanks eBeauty :) I also ended up ordering a LAVANILA all-natural deodorant, because as you all know, I am all about aluminum free deodorants!
 Here is my glorious haul! All for under $40.00 after taxes! 
I purchased the LAVANILA deodorant ($19.00/57g) in the scent of pure vanilla. I was debating between coconut and pure vanilla, and I chose pure vanilla because I have my powdered LUSH deodorant in coconut and I figured I could always layer the scents. I sort of wish I had ordered the coconut scented LAVANILA deodorant now, though. The smell of 'pure vanilla' isn't very vanilla-y to me. It almost smells like baby powder. I've heard nothing but good things about this brand, and the deodorant stick itself is very large and should last quite a while. It comes in quite a few scents, so if you're thinking of making the switch to natural deodorant, LAVANILA might be an easier transition than any of the LUSH natural deodorant options. I say this mainly because it resembles 'normal' anti-perspirants, and it is applied like a regular stick deodorant, whereas most LUSH deodorants are either package-free, or powder. 
 My eBeauty birthday bag was only $15.00 and came LOADED with goodies! I highly suggest you all get one- for the same price as a glossybox monthly subscription, I got four full-sized items, and seven deluxe samples! A much better value. In the above picture, you can see my full-sized CARGO lash activator mascara ($35.00/11ml) in brown. I usually wear black mascara, so this will be a change for me. You can also see the Mereadesso Beautiful Body Balm (30ml- full size retails for $54.00/200ml), a high performance, non-greasy all-over body balm that smells of oranges. There is a small pot of Perricone MD Firming Neck Therapy (7.5ml- full size retails for $108.00/59ml) a lightly scented, thick cream meant to firm the sensitive neck area. It is supposed to be unscented, but I find it has a slightly medicinal smell that is unpleasant. As well, you can see my hair care samples, Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Shampoo and Conditioner (30 ml each, full size retails for $28.00/250ml each) which have very little scent. I do like a nicely scented shampoo, and I was surprised that these hardly smell at all.
I received a full-sized Consonant Ultra Firming Organic Eye Cream ($36.00/15ml) which is a 100% natural firming eye cream designed to improve the look of fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles, formulated with 100% natural and 75% organic ingredients. There is also a tiny sample sized stila Sheer Colour Tinted Moisturizer in Medium (5ml/full size retails for $45.00/50ml). This colour suits my skin tone very well. stila offers 8 different shades in the full-sized version. I swatched it on my hand, and it absorbed well into my skin with a matte finish. There was a full-sized Nail Tek Hydration Therapy ($15.00/15ml) nail varnish in MARDI GRAS MAUVE, which is a pearly mauve colour. This brand is supposed to maintain moisture on the surface of the nail. As well, you can see pictured a little sample of Mereadesso Face and Neck Toning Gel (7ml- full size retails for $120.00/50ml). This looks like a one use application based on the design of the packaging. I also received a Tan Towel (a full package of 20 retails for $38.99), a fake tan wipe that is supposed to make you achieve a healthy glow. I am always wary of self-tanning products, but I will try this on my legs. Finally, there is a full-sized Vasanti Tinted Lip Balm ($15.00/3.5g) in the colour Bahamas. This Canadian-made, paraben free lip balm looks like a lipstick, but goes on sheer. It is meant to dry chapped lips and add a touch of colour at the same time!
So in case anyone reading is no good at math like I am, I will re-state: I paid a mere $15.00 for this birthday bag, and the four full-sized items alone would've cost me $101.00 to buy outright! On top of this, I received seven generous luxury samples! It was so worth the money, and it came with a lovely makeup bag to boot!
If you are interested in trying some or all of these products, order your own birthday bag before they run out! There are 'limited quantities' available ;)
--S

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. woohoo! hope it makes it to your door soon :) I cannot believe the value in this birthday bag! When I ordered it I didn't look too much into the package contents/pricing of everything in the bag! It is an insane deal.

      Delete
  2. We seem to have received mostly the same things in out bag (: I'm interested in that deodorant now but it's effin' pricey! Have you tried making your own with coconut oil, baking soda and cornstarch? It works better than any commercial deodorant I've tried before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it just looks like you got a different nail polish and obviously you got a polkadot bag and I picked a striped one :) the deodorant is VERY pricey. It was a splurge.. I won't need any new deodorant for quite a while now because I have a normal anti-perspirant, this new LAVANILA deo, and multiple LUSH deo's to use up! lol. I have never made my own deodorant- I will look into it though, thanks for the suggestion! It sounds a lot cheaper too.

      Delete
  3. Oooh - I'm intrigued! I may have to order the bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome! Some a great deal for all this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...