Monday 26 March 2012

Review: LUSH Grease Lightning

Grease Lightning (12.95/1.5 oz) is LUSH Cosmetics spot treatment. They say it is a super effective, zit-zapping spot treatment with an anti-bacterial mixture of thyme, tea tree and rosemary to dry, shrink and generally combat acne. It also has a ton of grape juice that is meant to act as a powerful cleanser. LUSH uses 500 green grapes in every batch, in fact.
This all sounds great in theory, right? In general, good quality spot treatments are pricey. For a mere 12.95, I just had to try this generous 45g bottle of acne fighting goodness.
My thoughts? It is not effective. Not even a little bit. This clear gel leaves a residue behind on your skin, which dries peely and flakey. I like spot treatments that go on clear and absorb into the skin without leaving any residue behind so that I can use them throughout the day alongside my makeup. With Grease Lightning, makeup cannot be worn simultaneously. Once I discovered this, I decided to use it as a night treatment for spots, but I noticed it didn't have any effect at all! I am usually a huge fan of LUSH products but this was a huge miss for me. I will stick to my other spot treatments, such as the Shiseido blemish clearing gel (which goes on clear and absorbs well) or pure tea tree oil. DDF also makes a nice acne spot treatment, although I find it to be over-priced.
Do you have any suggestions on effective and reasonably priced spot treatments?
--S

11 comments:

  1. wow it sounded so good from the start! Deffo gonna avoid now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the write-up from LUSH makes it sound promising. I have chatted with other LUSHies who agree it is not a very effective product, but there are some who do say it worked for them. Everyone's skin is different- I would ask for a sample before buying it if I were you!

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with your review. I didn't find grease lightning effective at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it seems to be the trend right now! I wonder why they don't reformulate it?

      Delete
  3. I ordered this from the UK website. Still waiting for it, but now I'm not so excited pfff, let's see how it'll work on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. make sure to do a blog post with your own review! it has to be working for some people or they wouldn't keep selling it :)

      Delete
    2. I closed my blog :) But I'll sure tell how it works on lush limited facebook page :)

      Delete
  4. completely agree, disappointing from Lush. I'll stick to my neat tea tree oil, bit of a waste of money this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it seems to be the trend right now! I wonder why they don't reformulate it?

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this review!! I was actually going to get this ~ the name sounds so cool, that's a disappointment that it doesn't work too well :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go into LUSH and ask for a sample of it before purchasing! Maybe it will work for you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...