Monday 30 April 2012

GLOSSYBOX - April 2012

I have just received my April Glossybox! Who's ready for an unboxing? For those of you who are new to beauty box subscriptions, Glossybox is one of Canada's subscription beauty boxes. Alongside Glymm, Luxe and Topbox, Glossybox charges a monthly fee and sends out packages of deluxe beauty samples, such as lotions, makeup, nail care or skin care items right to your door step.
Glossybox hasn't been without its share of drama (just look at their facebook page!) but the past two months they have put out fantastic boxes which have to make subscribers smile- even if Glossybox seems to be shipping quite late into the month, at least their boxes are well worth the wait, unlike some of their competitors.
Similar to February and March, April's Glossybox came in a beautiful sturdy pink box that is great for reusing to give gifts or to store away trinkets. The very first month, Glossybox included personalized stickers with subscribers names on them so when you opened the box, you could see it was sent just for you. March and April have lacked this sweet personal touch and I wonder if it is because Glossybox is growing more and more popular and it was just too much work to print out individualized stickers.

In my April Glossybox I received:
AVEENO Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer (full size/120 ml) (retails for $22.99)
Elizabeth Grant Skin Care Shower Gel (full size/240ml) (retails for $20.00)
Wella Brilliance Conditioner (30 ml) (full size retails for $13.99/250ml)
Wella Brilliance Treatment (25ml) (full size retails for $13.99/150ml)
Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara (full size/9ml) (retails for $12.50)
+ a bonus item: Marcelle BB Cream (single use packet) (full size retails for $22.95/45ml)



I am very impressed with the amount of full-sized products in Aprils box! A full-sized mascara is always welcome in my books, and marcelle is a well-known and trusted brand. The Aveeno daily moisturizer had been a favourite of mine in the past, and I will definitely use it once my current moisturizer is used up.
I have yet to try a BB cream (behind on the trends, huh?) so I will give this little sample a go, and I was happy to receive it! As for the hair products, I am not a huge fan of receiving shampoo/conditioner samples in my beauty boxes and we've already received items from Wella in February's box, but I will not complain because they can be used in travel.
I have seen a few variations on the Elizabeth Grant shower gel scents received by Glossy subscribers- I got Golden Angel which is supposed to smell floral, of tuberose and freesia. My mother got coconut which I majorly would've preferred, but it is always tricky with scents since they're so personal, so Glossybox can't be blamed for that, it's just luck of the draw!
I will note that I am seeing some major trends in my Glossybox contents now. From February to April I have received three Wella products, two Aveeno products and two Elizabeth Grant products. Hopefully they'll be able to branch out and get some different sponsors for May's box.
 Overall, I am pleased with what I received from Glossybox this month! I think they're on the path to success and definitely bringing some competition to Topbox, however they have some kinks that still need to be worked out in regard to their sample variety and shipping times. I am excited to see what is to come next month from them! This month's box cost me $15.00 but I received over $55.00 worth of product- a pretty great deal if you ask me :)
--S 


If you wish to sign up for April's GLOSSYBOX, click here. A monthly subscription is $15.00 after taxes and shipping.
To read about the FEBRUARY 2012 GLOSSYBOX, click here. To read about the MARCH 2012 GLOSSYBOX, click here.

26 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of full size products! I must admit I haven't seen this often in these box subscription, I'm impressed! I have that Marcelle mascara but I have yet to try it. The BB Cream is awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to try out the bb cream, I've wanted to buy some for a while now but I was worried it would be useless/unnecessary.

      Delete
  2. I have just signed up for Glossy box and hopefully next month will be as good as yours. Can't wait to read your review about the Marcelle BB cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope next months is awesome, too! so far they're doing very well for themselves product-wise, they just need to work out some kinks in their shipping, as I said.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow...you got some nice full sized products! I'm going to have to check Glossy Box out. I'm loosing interest in Luxe Box & Glymm...the samples seem like they are getting smaller and smaller with each box they send!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I've been hearing lots of negative things about Glymm lately! I am not shy in stating that I think Topbox has been the most consistently wonderful beauty box subscription, but Glossybox is definitely bringing them some competition!

      Delete
  4. You know, it annoys that people still bitch about their boxes. There's no pleasing people. I mean when you get such large products, for the price you pay? If we ONLY got high end names, we'd end up with 1 or 2 time use samples..then people would complain there's no big samples. I fear with all the complaining it will ruin glossybox...the way others have gone downhill. If you really want specific items, save your money and go buy it. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As is with anything in life, there will always be haters! I think that constructive criticism is necessary for beauty boxes, they need to know what they're doing right and wrong, but I agree that some peoples complaints are just silly.

      Delete
  5. oh wow!!! I tried not to read this post and spoil my surprise, but I couldn't help it! It looks like a pretty good box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous! I can't wait for mine to arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh - looks like you got some fantastic products! I anticipate getting my GlossyBox tomorrow and hope I get the same stuff you did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it looks as though everyone got the same stuff this month, just different scents for the shower gel- I've seen coconut and vanilla alongside the flowery one I got.

      Delete
  8. I just got mine today too! Ripped it open as fast as I could and well worth the wait. I hadn't thought about the brand trend you mentioned but you are totally right. Sometimes I can't remember which box gives me what though haha. Great pictures hun :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited for mine- I had to go to the post office to pick it up (ugh) which is always annoying because you are anxiously waiting for 5pm when you can go get it! haha.

      Delete
  9. Amazing! I cannot wait to get mine :O ! Glossybox is really stepping up their game.. well they have been amazing the last 2 months!! <3 www.romanianbutterfly206.blogspot.com **Come check out my blog sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they're doing really well, lets hope they keep it up! very impressive.

      Delete
  10. I got mine yesterday and I looove it too! I was very impressed with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I am very happy- excellent value for our money! and I just love Glossybox packaging :)

      Delete
  11. Hello beauty! It's me again! Haha! I just gave you an award...check out my blog! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh well thank you! I will be over to check it out!

      Delete
  12. Wow you got some great products, it looks like glossybox have upped their game this month after a few bad reviews recently! :) Great review
    whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you got some pretty amazing stuff! I actually just subscribed to glossybox thanks to their nice looking boxes this year. I'm subscribed to Luxe Box but I haven't been too excited over the last boxes I've received. "/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...