Wednesday 25 April 2012

Glossybox Canada: April drama!

Glossybox Canada had a bit of a glitch getting their March boxes out last month. They ended up sending them in the final days of March and many subscribers did not receive their box until April. When Glossybox started out in February, they stated that their boxes would ship at the beginning of every month, but they have now changed their website to state that the boxes will ship mid-month. In March, Glossybox was excellent at letting its customers know about the delays- they were having issues with one of the products getting through customs in a timely manner. They informed everyone via Facebook that the boxes were delayed due to customs issues, and they awarded everyone 250 glossydots as a way of apologizing.
Unfortunately, Glossybox is shipping out late again this month, and they have been less forth-coming when it comes to communication as to why. I have taken some screen shots from their Facebook page:



It looked like things were on track for a timely mid-month departure on April 19th when Glossybox updated stating that the boxes were being packed "as we speak". Everyone was obviously excited about this, as you can tell by the happy comments from subscribers. 
 Of course, there were still people complaining on April 19th that they wanted a 'shipping date' for the boxes. You can read Glossyboxes response to people questioning their methods of planning ahead of time for boxes to be shipped in a timely manner. Topbox, for example, is already packing its MAY boxes, whereas Glossybox has yet to even send out a single box for April. Please note that  the above thread has since been deleted by Glossybox from their facebook page! The censoring is a little concerning.
On April 23rd, there are more complaints from subscribers, and Glossybox once again states that last months setback put a kink in their schedule, and they are behind because of it. However, please note that these threads have since been deleted by Glossybox from their facebook page! 


On April 24th, Glossybox sent out a near identical post to its April 19th post, once again saying the boxes were being packed "as we speak". This has frustrated many people who feel like Glossybox isn't being very forthright about what is actually going on. Why are the boxes so late this month again? They say last months box put them behind for this month, yet they also stated in a now deleted post that they plan their boxes well out in advance! Just as with last month, many Glossybox subscribers will not receive their April box in April. 
Luckily for me, my topbox subscription is finally starting up for May! I have already paid for Aprils Glossybox and I get one free next month, but after that I think I will be cancelling. 
I really do hope that the products are worth the wait, but the lack of real information about the delay is frustrating and the censoring on Glossybox Canada's facebook page is shameful!
Do you subscribe to Glossybox? What are your thoughts?

--S

16 comments:

  1. topbox is super consistent with their shipping and always the first box to arrive. i really like the glossyboxs ive received but.. the shipping inconsistencies are not impressive. i have year subscriptions to glymm and luxe but when they are done in a couple months, im not gonna renew them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the March Glossybox, but I wasn't a fan of the February box. I think that since it charges more than all the other boxes, I have a slightly higher expectation from them. If they were forthright about the shipping delays and honest with us, like they were in March, it'd be easier to swallow. However, they're deleting facebook comments that question their problems which makes me lose respect for them as a company.

      Delete
    2. yeah thats really messed up. i don't get it. i may cancel soon as well, and maybe just keep topbox.

      Delete
    3. they just posted that the boxes for certain provinces have begun shipping- I believe out East first (NFLD, NB, NS). hurray.

      Delete
  2. LMAO! I have been following all of that drama on the Glossybox FB page as well! I have to admit, the March Glossybox really was worth the wait...its honestly the best box I have ever received...I have been subscribed to Glymm and Luxebox for a year now..and just cancelled my Luxebox. I, personally, don't really care about the delays, as long as I get it...its just funny to see it all unfold!

    I might just cancel all my subscriptions all together...they're almost not worth the hassle...I might try Jewelmint or Homemint...or keep up with Julip Maven with the money I'll save from cancelling three mediocre makeup boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the March box was great- and I would be much more understanding about this months delay as well if they were honest and forthright about what the heck the delay is all about! I think that the evasiveness (and even bitchy tone) of the glossybox moderator on FB is pissing a lot of people off. I think some girls get way too worked up about it, and I wasn't that bothered until I found out glossybox was deleting peoples comments! That is just not professional at all!

      Delete
    2. I agree, the whole thing is really sketchy! I guess only time will tell. I'll give them till June...haha

      Delete
  3. It seems like they hit a snafu and don't want to come clean about it like last month. Who knows why? It's definitely better to give frequent and honest updates. I find all the boxes have their pros and cons - Glossy has great products but shipping issues. As long as I end up with a box eventually, then I'll be ok with it all in the end.

    Thanks for the post on this BTW, I've not been checking their fb page and did not really know what was going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome for posting on it, I was following it because I kept getting newsfeed updates from them! haha. I honestly didn't even realize how 'late' into the month it was at first- I cannot believe it is almost May!! I think its very dishonest for them to be deleting FB threads where people are having conversations about Glossybox, it made me lose respect for them. They were transparent last month, I wonder why they weren't this month?

      Delete
  4. Oh! Congrats on 100 followers! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, I'm not that upset with GlossyBox and their delay in shipment. I've appreciated their updates on Facebook and their responses. I even got my shipping notification today from Canada Post! With that said, I can understand why people would be upset. I think I'm just more forgiving of GlossyBox because of the negative experiences I've had with Glymm Box (where they don't even respond to your Facebook comments/inquiries - and where all they do is just update their status with stuff you can buy from them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I've heard terrible things about Glymm's customer service and I would never subscribe to them based on that. I also haven't heard great things about Luxe box. I am not annoyed that the shipments are late -again-, I am moreso annoyed at their censorship on their facebook page and their elusive responses to subscribers questions.

      Delete
    2. Yes - that would definitely bother me if they deleted my comment/question b/c it wasn't as positive as they liked. Hopefully they see how that can be seen negatively and stop doing that. And yes, don't bother signing up for Glymm - products are not very good and customer service leaves much to be desired.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for posting on this! I was hoping someone would sooner or later! While I agree with most that as long as my box comes I'm good but.. I am impatient. It just seems they get later and later in the month everytime.. what bugs me the most? Paying for my next months Luxebox before I have even received this months shipping notification! I can be understanding about late shipping.. but taking my money before I get April's box? Just annoys me a little (there's my little rant :))

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read a lot of people complaining that they bill on the first of the month but don't send til the end of the month- it is discourteous to the subscribers but if that's what you sign up for, what can you do? They tell you they bill at the beginning and send 'any time in the month' LOL. we are at their mercy ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...