Sunday 29 April 2012

A peek into my makeup bag!

With beauty trends coming and going, sometimes its nice to document what you're using at a certain time period. A year from now, I will look back and see which of these products are tried and true favourites, and which are not so great. 
I took a picture of my 'makeup station' in my room, which is actually a mini-fridge with a towel over it- how classy am I? Hey- I do live in student housing, so don't judge me too hard :)
L to R: string and needle (never know when you might need a little stitching!), pretty cupcake candle (for decoration only, I'd never light it!), bare minerals foundation powder, tea tree oil, cuticle nail oil, origins dark spot corrector, dr. renaud eye cream, candy by prada, sexy by bcbg girls, bare minerals all over face colour, benefit luster duster, LUSH enzymion moisturizer, LUSH twilight perfume, bare minerals prime time primer 
This little glass oval was purchased at HomeSense a year or two ago in the bathroom section. I use it to hold some of my products.
Here is my makeup station is all its messy glory! In the top right corner you can see my elf kabuki brush, some retin-A, my philosophy moisturizer, and LUSH lip tint in celebrate plus my tin of honey trap lip balm. This is not my entire makeup collection obviously, but it shows the things I use on a daily basis, aka my 'must haves'.
I also have some rimmel bronzer, my pandora blush (thanks glossybox!), some MAC eye shadow, a tin of LUSH ultrabalm and some estee lauder eye shadow.
Finally, a peek into my makeup bag! There is my well-used and well-loved MAC peachy keen blush, my elf pressed powder, CARGO mascara, mary kay concealer, some brushes, lipgloss, and black eye liner.
Every day when I wake up, I wash my face (either in the shower, or if I've showered the night before, with a wash cloth). Then I apply philosophy hope in a jar oil-free, followed by origins mega-bright skin tone corrector, followed by dr. renaud's day time eye cream. After this, I put on my makeup! During the day I usually wear pressed powder, concealer as needed, blush and mascara- that's it!
What is your morning facial routine?
--S


28 comments:

  1. Great post - your make-up section is so neat! I put all my "every day make-up" in 3 containers..so it can be a bit much to juggle every day :S

    For my morning facial routine I wash my face, use my moisturiser and then my BB cream, spot concealer, eye shadow base, eye shadow, blush and then a powder to set. Wow..that seems like a lot of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that is a lot of every day make-up, 3 containers worth? :P and yes I am a pretty neat person in every facet of my life except my clothing, which always ends up piled around my bedroom floor!

      Delete
  2. Great Post!

    Not that I'm judging....but if you hadn't said that this was the top a mini fridge...I would have thought that it was a great big table! :P

    How are you liking the origins skin tone corrector?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I am moving at the end of August and then I will get a real vanity table but until then, this is suiting me just fine!
      With the corrector, I haven't noticed an ounce of difference. I think the retin-A is helping more so with acne scar fading, but I will continue to use it as I paid a pretty penny for it!

      Delete
  3. I love the cupcake candle and the glass tray! So cute/such a pretty way to organize everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love that glass tray! I've been looking for something like that but the ones I've come across are always plastic. I always forget about Home Sense...I need to check it out! You have lots of lovely products! I've been wondering about that ELF pressed powder...how do you like it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the elf pressed powder! honestly, it works just as well as my MAC pressed powder and it is waaay cheaper.

      Delete
  5. I love posts like this. It's fun to see how others store and display their makeup and seeing what they use. I've used the philosophy hope in a jar, I love it ! Thanks for joining in my Brightside Beauty Blog hop! I am now happily following back, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for following! philosophy hope in a jar is working okay for me but I hate the smell :(

      Delete
  6. Your makeup station is much neater than mine! Whatever, I love your table/mini fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks for the support on the mini fridge, I appreciate it! whatever works for the time being, right? haha.

      Delete
  7. Great post! I love seeing how others display their makeup. Love that tray! I found you through the latest blog hop and I've subscribed. I hope you'll join me on So Lonely in Gorgeous :)

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have an amazing blog! I am happily following back.

      Delete
  8. Ooh! This was such a fun post to read, thanks for sharing!

    Sharleena xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post :) I agree it is great to document this stuff... I love the Pandora blush we got in our Glossybox... I use it a ton!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I use it lots too! especially since my MAC peachy keen is on its last legs :P

      Delete
  10. I'm sorry, I can't comment on any of your beauty products because I'm too distracted by that CUPCAKE CANDLE! Oh my goodness, how cute is it? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it though? I want to take a bite out of it sometimes! lol

      Delete
  11. Great post dear and thanks for sharing!

    xoxo,

    http://icycrystalgalleria.blogspot.ca/

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a fun post! I love seeing what others use! Gives me ideas of what I should try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is exactly how I end up obsessing over all these products I don't own at Sephora and the drug store all the time! haha.

      Delete
  13. I love these types of posts :) That candle is so cute!
    How do you like Lush's Ultrabalm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a huge fan of LUSH's ultrabalm! use it in place of vaseline- way better for you and the environment too! I swear by it.

      Delete
  14. Yummy I spot Prada Candy! My Fav!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh i love that glass tray. I want one for my perfumes.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...