Monday 16 April 2012

Review: CARGO Lash Activator Mascara

A while back I posted about my awesome ebeauty.ca birthday bag, which was loaded with great products including four full-sized items. One of the full-sized items was CARGO's lash activator mascara in brown ($35.00/11ml).
Now I am not the type of person who would spend $35.00 on mascara, ever. As such, I was excited to try a higher end mascara. I usually buy drug store brands, benefit, or MAC mascaras- nothing over $20.00 though.

CARGO's lash activator is advertised as a 'safe and effective mascara that helps to promote lash vitality and reduce loss of lashes'; it is formulated with algae extracts and a peptide-biotin complex to enhance the appearance of your lashes without irritating them.

CARGO lash activator mascara wand


I usually wear black mascara, but I cannot really notice a difference once this mascara is on my eye lashes. I dislike the wand, however. It is a flexible rubber wand that I have bent out of shape a few times. I am used to bristle wands with metal applicators that are stiff, not bendy. I dislike this change. The mascara itself is nice, and it lengthens my lashes. It does not apply clumpy. However, it is no better than other mascaras I have used that cost way less. As for the claim that it will 'promote lash vitality'? I would say the opposite is happening. I've noticed I've been losing a lot more eyelashes lately! I don't know if it's because of this mascara, or because of the seasons changing or maybe it is even something else. However, I haven't noticed my lashes getting any healthier from using this product. 
Without mascara
With CARGO lash activator mascara


Pretty long lashes thanks to CARGO lash activator! 
Overall, I like this mascara. Would I pay $35.00 for it? Absolutely not. It is a fine mascara that looks great and works well, but I have other brands that work just as well for less money.
What is your go-to mascara brand?
--S


P.S. Don't forget to enter my 50 FOLLOWER GIVEAWAY


18 comments:

  1. It's funny, I have been trying to write my post on this ebeauty birthday bag for the past week and I finally finished it today, but when I saw how expensive the Cargo mascara was, I was a little shocked. It doesn't really seem all that special for a mascara that will be $40 with taxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! I quite like it- it goes on without clumps, it lengthens nicely and looks gorgeous but I have other brands of mascara that do the same thing for half the price. I will enjoy it while I have it, as it will be my only tube unless I get another one for a great deal!

      Delete
  2. Your lashes are so intense! Did you use a curler or is that all just from the mascara?! If so, that's amazing (though I still wouldn't pay 40$ :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used an eye lash curler before! They kinda scare me :/ My lashes are naturally thick and curled upwards so I guess I don't really need one. I love long lashes though so I wear mascara daily!

      Delete
  3. Your lashes look gorgeous with that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lashes look lovely! I always have to use at least a couple of mascaras together, because my eyelashes are flat (even when curled, or in the past, permed!) and lifeless! xo

    tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. luckily I have naturally curled eye lashes, so they get along well with mascara!

      Delete
  5. It doesn't sound that it does anything amazing for that price! That being said, all mascaras tend to be expensive in Australia ($20 for Maybelline? Ugh). I usually use a couple of mascaras at once, I'm currently loving Avon SuperShock and Almay Get Up & Grow.
    Sharleena xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is pricey! Thanks for letting me know your faves!

      Delete
  6. Your lashes are gorgeous! It's people like you who make people like me hoard fake lashes!!!!! :P
    I do agree....I wouldn't pay $35 for a mascara that makes my lashes fall out! YIPES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you and your fake eye lashes ;) I want to see them on! I wouldn't pay $35 for any mascara, I am too cheap for that. Or shall I say economical? haha.

      Delete
  7. OMG! You have beautiful lashes!!!

    Following your blog now dear!

    xoxo,

    http://icycrystalgalleria.blogspot.ca/

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lashes look great, but as you said I think I could get the same results with much cheaper mascaras! But it's nice to try higher end products every once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I like the idea of using mascaras with natural ingredients, but not for this price tag!

      Delete
  9. gorgeous!

    I found you on blog hop, would you like to follow each other?

    http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you don't use a curler! Your lashes look amazing!

    Courtney xo

    http://www.strawberreeswing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a good mascara! But I agree, the price tag is not so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...