Sunday 8 April 2012

Review: LUSH Gentle Lentil Solid Shampoo

I have always been skeptical of solid shampoos. I didn't think they'd lather enough, clean my hair enough or smell yummy. Shampoo has many uses: it makes your hair smell good after you wash it, it keeps your hair grease-free, it can strengthen, add volume, protect. I had a hard time imagining a tiny little bar of soap doing all that...
LUSH Gentle Lentil solid shampoo (50g)

I received a nice little sample of Trichomania solid shampoo from LUSH a while back. I had read many reviews on their 'puck' shaped shampoo bars and they all sounded pretty drying. Trichomania was different- in formulation and in shape. I tried it out and I was pleasantly surprised- it smelled good, it lathered okay, and it made my hair shiny and voluminous !
I decided I wanted to try some solid shampoo bars with the same formulation as Trichomania, and I purchased Gentle Lentil ($9.95/100g). Scented of creamy vanilla, it smelled SO good to me, I had to use it. Pictured above is half a chunk of Gentle Lentil. I decided it'd be easier to use in the shower and less wasteful to cut it in half. The other half is in my bathroom, and I have been using it for about a month. It has diminished in size by about 50%, meaning one 100g chunk should last me anywhere from 3-4 months. Not a bad value! LUSH says it is packed with lentils, which add protein, improving the strength of your hair. This bar is also meant to moisturize and add shine.
When I use this bar in the shower, I rub it directly onto my scalp, and then run it through the length of my hair. It lathers better than Trichomania. I always store it in my cupboard, away from water flow. If you let this sit in a puddle on your shower shelf, it'll melt away and be wasted. Leave it in a safe place to dry off between uses. I find this shampoo bar leaves my hair smelling nice, and looking great! It adds volume and it definitely makes my hair shiny and pretty. However, I would suggest you use a conditioner alongside this shampoo bar (and I personally do not use LUSH conditioners).
My verdict? Gentle Lentil is a win! Its easy to transport (perfect for travel!), it smells great, it makes my hair look fabulous, and it is very reasonably priced.
Do you use solid shampoos or conditioners? What do you think of them?
--S

6 comments:

  1. Just added this to my ever-growing wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm following you back! I used to work at LUSH before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh, I would love to work at LUSH! I am so passionate about the products. However, I know all of my paycheque would just go right back to the company !!

      Delete
  3. I've never tried a solid shampoo before, but now I think I'm going to have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely give it a shot! it's so portable, and if you find the right one, it can be very beneficial to your hair!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...