Thursday 30 August 2012

August Use-It-Up!

As per usual, I have made it through the month with a fair amount of empties to show you all. Many of these were very well loved and enjoyed, while some were just 'meh'.
LUSH Dream Cream is a classic cream that is made for soothing sensitive skin. I like this cream, especially in the winter for angry noses. However, the smell of lavender isn't one of my favourites so this isn't a cream that I love for anything other than how well it works! I probably wouldn't re-purchase.

LUSH Ocean Salt is my HG facial exfoliator. I have raved about this product on my blog in many, many posts and I've already re-purchased another tub of this cannot-be-without product!

Prada Candy perfume is my every day scent. I wear it day and night, and I've already re-purchased another bottle of it. It is nice and light, but scrumptious at the same time.

A bottle of my favourite Orly polish got all gross and gunky so I tossed it. Someone mentioned you can buy thinner to fix bad polishes but I was too lazy. I bought a new, similar colour by Essie instead.

Cargo Lash Activator mascara was a nice mascara- it worked fairly well for me, but isn't worth the price tag. I would not re-purchase.
Philosophy's Hope in a Jar oil-free has been with me through most of the summer! I really like what it did for my skin, but I hated the smell. As such, it isn't my HG facial moisturizer and I wouldn't re-purchase because I am on the hunt for my perfect moisturizer and I won't stop 'til I find it!!

I used up a bottle of Bath and Body Works Coconut Verbena Lime spray, which I used as a room spray. It was nice, but I wouldn't re-purchase.

I finished off a trial sized version of bareminerals Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara. It was nice, and I loved the lush applicator. It didn't give a lot of length compared to other mascaras I've used. I may or may not re-purchase.

Lastly, I finished yet another pack of Simple facial wipes! I love these. I would definitely re-purchase when they're on sale.

There you have it, ladies, my August Empties! looking forward to seeing yours :)
--S

19 comments:

  1. I cannot live without Prada Candy, but I have yet to finish it! I feel like I have to conserve it or something...you did MUCH better than I this month! I wasn't good about sticking to a few full-sized products...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Simple wipes, I love their face gels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great empties post:) i hate it when my nail polishes get goopy..it actually happened to a couple of my Essie's:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love my Prada Candy! Great job with your use it ups... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder, is Ocean Salt solely a facial exfoliator? I'm looking for a really good body one. Great post!

    abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy to say that I have used up tons of little sample size things this month and a few big things! Sadly both of my Lush conditioners are part of the empties pile!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also looooove Prada Candy, it is such an easy to wear perfume, any occasion, every time of the day! My second bottle is already almost finished :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love my Prada Candy! But I'm nowhere near even half of the bottle yet. I also got a couple of samples of the Simple cleansing wipes with Loulou and another magazine. Will definitely try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom LOVES lavender and would probably enjoy the dream cream-I think I'll get it for her :)
    If you are looking for a new moisturizer I would recommend checking out Boscia's oil free daily moisturizer.

    xx Veronica

    http://frowardfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try the Ocean Salt scrub now, everybody's been raving about it. I think I'll probably purchase it the next time I'm at Lush~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post for all your use ups! A full size perfume.. That's amazing!
    I get sad when I use up a perfume.. but then happy because I get to pick out something new!
    I'm going to shoppers tmw for the 20x the points.. I'm going to finally buy those simple wipes and try them out!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to really give Lush a closer look, especially as I am always seeing their products on blogs (mostly their face masks and lip scrubs). It's too bad a couple of these products turned you off because of the way they smell ... a nice scent really does matter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo I love Prada's Candy but haven't got a bottle. I have Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb as my go-to gourmand scent so perhaps I'll get Prada's Candy when I'm done with that.

    Too bad about Hope In A Jar Oil-Free - I was eyeing that but I really should have a sniff before I purchase it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with Viktor & Rolf's Flower bomb. I was on the rebound from Miss Dior Cherie which was a replacement for my ultimate perfume Viktor & Rolf's Eau Mega (which sadly is not carried here in Regina or even in The Bay's online store). I'm going to have to try Prada's Candy. I saw the commercials and it seemed to be targeted at a younger audience and thought it would be maybe too sweet for me

      Delete
  14. i also love the simple facial wipes! so quick and easy/perfect for on the go (which I seem to be on a lot lately...)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm using that bareMinerals mascara now, and I'm not really loving it. I just have the sample size, so I'll use that up, but I wouldn't repurchase!
    I do love those Simple wipes though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great empties post.. I have been wanting that Prada perfume.. I like that you have a tiny bottle how much was it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. How are the simple wipes at taking off waterproof mascara/mascara in general?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...