Sunday 29 July 2012

July Favourites!

I have my absolute favourite products that have really been helping me out in the hot summer month of July! Each and every one of these products is fabulous and I wouldn't want to be without it.
LaVanila 'The Healthy Deodorant' in pure vanilla ($19/00/57g) is my go-to deodorant which has been keeping my underarms smelling fresh without nasty ingredients like aluminum! Some natural deodorants can be very irritating- this one is not! I have never experienced any irritation with this creamy, fresh smelling natural deodorant! I highly recommend it.
La Roche-Posay POSTHELIOS completely saved the day for me when I got a really nasty sunburn on vacation! This after-sun gel is meant to soothe irritated skin and it did a fabulous job! It also has a lovely scent and texture.
La Roche-Posay ANTHELIOS ($27.00/50ml) is my go-to sunscreen for the face. This sunscreen is fast absorbing with a matte finish, making it ideal for those with oily skin like me! I can lather up in sunscreen without ever fearing a break out triggered by it! This is a must-have sunscreen for anyone with acne prone skin.
Julep's Melissa has been my favourite polish in July! This sheer opal works well as a topcoat, base coat (for glitter) and it can be worn on its own.
LUSH coconut deodorant powder ($7.95/50g) smells DIVINE. Like, good enough to eat. This awesome powder has powdered coconut milk, creamed and desiccated coconut and coconut oils in it! It also has tapioca, cornstarch and natural mineral magnesium carbonate in it to keep underarms soft, smooth and dry.
I have been layering this over top of my LaVanila deodorant to smell great and stay extra dry. 


Tarte Smooth Operator micronized clay finishing powder ($35.00) is a dream come true! If you need to stay matte, you want this absorbent clay finishing powder in your beauty arsenal! It keeps me shine free on hot summer days.

Marcelle's BB Cream in light to medium ($22.99/45g) is my all-time favourite bb cream. It leaves me with minimized pores, a very even skin tone and a matte finish. It doesn't cause me to break out, and the colour matches my skin tone very well!

Proactiv Refining Mask ($31.20/70g) is my go-to acne fighter! This little product packs a mean punch and really diminishes the size of cystic pimples! I love using this as an over-night spot treatment. If you do so on a barely emerged pimple, it is likely that the pimple will be gone when you wake up! Yes, it is that good!

July has been a great month and these products really helped make it fabulous for me! What products were your must-haves in July?
--S

41 comments:

  1. yay great favorites, i definitely love la roche posay as well, the sunscreen is just amazing! i can't be without the refining mask either, life saver!! and i must really try the marcelle bb cream at some point! i've been loving the origins bb cream sample i have (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the origins bb cream but I love the brand! I bet Marcelles is cheaper though, and I love it so I doubt I'd make the switch :P

      Delete
  2. Your favorites look great! Unfortunately, I haven't tried any of these.
    It's good to see the Marcelle's BB Cream is still a favorite, though. (:

    (By the way, I awarded you on my blog. ♥)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am loving Marcelles bb cream, it is a keeper!!

      Delete
  3. Lush Coconut Poweder has been an absolute saviour the last month! I've been sprinkling it in my shoes for work and my feet are still nice and dry after 8 hours. The Marcelle BB Cream is always going to be a favourite for me, it's really fantastic. I don't know why, but this morning, I have been practically stalking Bloglovin' to see if you've posted something! I guess I just felt like a little Canadian Beauty Reviews read with my morning coffee :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that is so cute, thank you Jayne!! I love you haha.
      I haven't been posting as much this month because I've been ridiculously BUSY! Let's hope I have more time to blog in August :)

      Delete
    2. It's summer, you should enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Question: Do you know of a good plumping lipstick/gloss? I have to work up at my moms office this week and need something that looks good and natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually dislike plumping lipglosses! They irritate me! However, a subtle one is coverFX mintFX which isn't as irritating. I have tried MAC's pumping glosses which definitely plump your lips up! but as I said, I dislike the feeling of it.

      Delete
  5. When I read your post about natural deodorant (the one you linked to), I went looking for Lush's coconut powder and found it, put it in my wish list and then came back to it gone. Can you tell me if this seems to be the same thing?
    http://www.lush.ca/Coconut/06233,en_CA,pd.html?start=3&cgid=deodorants

    I totally agree with you on the Marcelle BB cream, thanks to you! Even if it has only been 3 days, I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The LUSH website is always wonky! They need a better web support team, so it doesn't surprise me that you're having issues with the wish list!

      Delete
  6. Love your favorites. I, too, love the Tarte clay finishing powder and La Roche Posay sunscreen. They are my must-have now. Would love to try the LaVanila healthy deodorant. Are they available only at Sephora?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy the LaVanila deodorant at Sephora, but I actually got mine online from ebeauty.ca for cheaper :)

      Delete
  7. Need to try that Tarte powder.. I have been loving their makeup line lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is so great! keeps me matte and lookin' well composed! haha.

      Delete
  8. Great favs! Im loving my Garnier BB cream!
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garnier's bb cream is definitely more appropriate for those with drier skin! It doesn't work for my combo/oily skin though.

      Delete
  9. That Lush powder sounds heavenly..I just picked up something from La Roche Posay, so excited to give them a try:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! I just love my coconut deo powder! I use it all over the body and I always smell good enough to eat! haha.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the recommendations. I've been having laser hair removal in my underarms, so I really want to switch to a more natural product to soothe the irritation. The vanilla and coconut combo sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also getting laser on my underarms! Hurray for us- I can't wait to never have to worry about shaving there again!

      Delete
  11. I've been wanting to try Anthelios for a long time now. I had a sample of LUSH Coconut too, and it smelled delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth the investment, honestly. I didn't like the idea of spending so much on a sunscreen but I am glad I did.

      Delete
  12. that sunscreen looks awfully nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh need to check out your tarte smooth operator!! my face has been one giant shiny greasebomb lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a life saver in the summer, I swear! and it minimizes pores, win-win!

      Delete
  14. Some products I see here I'd love to try because I keep hearing good things about them, but they aren't sold where I live and it's not easy to get them online. Thanks for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that is a bummer! ebay might be your best bet?

      Delete
  15. I'm going to def try the Tarte finishing powder next time I need one.. I have not found one yet that I LOVE... :(

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favourite ! LUSH just came out with one that I am tempted by but I doubt it'll be as good as my precious Tarte powder!

      Delete
  16. Great picks! I'm really wanting to try both deodorants, the price just keep putting me off :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! But honestly, I've been using my LaVanila deo for months and I still have lots to go- if I only have to replace it 2-3 times a year I feel it is worth the high price.

      Delete
  17. Seems like a great range of picks! I absolutely love Lush! I will have to look into the BBCream you suggested because it sounds amazing!!

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcelle is a Canadian brand, I believe? So you may be unable to get it in the USA (but prob could purchase it online?).

      Delete
  18. I've heard really good things about that BB cream I really need to look into getting my hands on some!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been using the Marcelle BB Cream as well and I'm totally hooked. I do wish it moisturized better though. Once in a while, I've noticed it clings to random dry spots :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. How do you find the BB Cream works for you? I'm in two minds whether to get one to try..

    Hope you're having a fab week!

    Clover x

    http://www.crimsonandclover12.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...