Wednesday 8 August 2012

LUSH HAUL! August 2012

LUSH UK HAUL August '12

I am a total LUSHie. I love LUSH products and use many on a daily basis. I was getting low on some of my basic must-haves, namely Ocean Salt facial scrub, Rub Rub Rub shower scrub and Tea Tree Water toner. I decided to place an online order from LUSH UK because their prices are dramatically cheaper than what the North American LUSH charges. 
It just so happened that LUSH UK also recently released a new hair care line, so I picked up two products from that lineup which isn't even available for sale in North America yet! I grabbed their Shine So Bright (£4.50) serum for split ends and Fair Trade Honey Shampoo (£7.00/100g). I also picked up a piece of a Limited Edition Retro soap, Gratuitous Violets. If you have ever smelled LUSH's Daddyo shampoo, you will recognize the scent of this soap, which smells like.. duh, violets! 
Lastly, I purchased two items from LUSH's new makeup line, called Emotional Brilliance. I decided on Fantasy, which is a gold liquid eyeliner, and Feeling Younger, which is a brightening complexion enhancer and highlighter. 
To go into detail on the pricing differences between UK and NA LUSH, I will give you a few examples:
I paid £3.29 ($5.13 CAN) for my Tea Tree Toner, which retails for $8.95 in Canada. 

I paid £5.79 ($9.03 CAN) for my Ocean Salt, which retails for $19.95 in Canada. 
I paid £6.63 ($10.34 CAN) for my Rub Rub Rub, which retails for $19.95 in Canada. 
I paid £12.08 ($18.80 CAN) for my Fantasy eyeliner, which retails for $22.95 in Canada. 
In short, there are major savings to be had when buying directly from LUSH overseas. Their shipping is very reasonable, as they charge  £9.95 to ship to North America. Shipping from NA is $8.00 so the price difference in shipping fees is not very large compared to the huge savings you can make on products! 

lotsa samples from LUSH UK!
LUSH UK also hooked me up with FIVE lovely samples! I get to try two other Emotional Brilliance items and one of their new hair conditioners, Happy Happy Joy Joy! The Sea Spray hair mist unfortunately leaked everywhere in transit, so that was no good to me! Sometimes taking a trip all the way from Great Britain to Canada can result in a few shipping mishaps. This is the first time I've ever had a leaky sample, and my Feeling Younger skin tint ALSO leaked a bit. As you can see in the below photos, it became a bit of a shimmery mess for me to clean up when I opened my package, but luckily not too much product was wasted:

Leaky Leaky! :(

LUSH Fair Trade Honey Shampoo -- new product!
LUSH UK sent me extra makeup applicators for my Emotional Brilliance products! Very thoughtful.
 
You can definitely expect some reviews from me on the above three NEW products: Fantasy eyeliner, Feeling Younger skin tint and Shine So Bright hair serum for split ends. Once again, I had a fabulous experience shopping with LUSH UK! I can't wait to try my new products out :)

--S

You can also check out my January '12 LUSH UK haul and my May '12 LUSH UK haul! 

34 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip-I will be shopping on the UKsite soon. :) I want to see your split end serum review. I'm having a problem with split ends.

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am hopeful that Shine So Bright lives up to its claims for me! It was only £3.75 so I figured it was worth the gamble!

      Delete
  2. You're such a smart online shopper! I have always wanted to try LUSH but went in the store one time and was totally overwhelmed by all the different varieties. Thanks to your pointers, I think I know what I will try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh, if you go into the store as a newbie, you will be totally lost! the stores are extremely overwhelming from the bright lights, to the strong scents, to the over zealous sales people who might hound you non stop! I prefer to shop at LUSH online primarily, but I will go into the shop from time to time to smell new products, or to get fresh face masks etc.

      Delete
  3. Ohh soo jealous I love everything you picked up. I tried ordering from the UK site once but my stupid card company thought my card was being stolen and it was a whole headache to even get it. I'd like to try some of the emotional brilliance products but haven't got the chance to yet, can't wait to see how you like the eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always pay via paypal! It is much easier that way.

      Delete
  4. woo! awesome haul. i love lush products. i really want to order from the uk site at some point! cant wait to read all of your reviews x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I felt like a kid on Christmas opening this up! sooo many goodies :)

      Delete
  5. Ro's Argan Body Conditioner smells and feels amazing. The sales lady last time gave me a sample of it and I'm def going to be buying it next time! I can smell it on my skin throughout the day too!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have a pot of it which I'm keeping in my minifridge due to the crazy heat! It is nice but definitely something I reach for more in the winter.

      Delete
  6. Omgoodness!! Dying to try more lush products! I just got the bubblegum lipscrub and adore it, and a few bath things. I'm a newbie to lush, now I want more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I picked up Rub Rub Rub in store, I remembered seeing the price in pounds beforehand and thought "that can't be right with the exchange rate!" It's so much more expensive in CDN! Really fantastic Lush haul though, the EB eye liner looks really nice with that ultra skinny applicator brush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the price of Ocean Salt is dramatically different as well! I have swatched the Fantasy liner and it is GORGEOUS!

      Delete
  8. wow this is a great haul! thanks so much for showing me the price differences. i never knew there was a such a difference!! can't wait for your review especially on their new Emotional Brilliance line :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everything has a dramatic price difference- things like soap or bath bombs even out the the same price-ish, but for things in black pots, the price difference is HUGE!

      Delete
  9. Hi! *waves* I've just come over from Walkabout Wednesday - this has surprised me normally over here we always think we are more expensive than over there, so very interesting to find in this case we are cheaper.

    I love seeing the different companies and colours people receive abroad so I will be really interested to see all the goodies you have!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, welcome to my blog! It is true, usually things in the UK are more expensive but not LUSH!

      Delete
  10. I recently watched Amarixe do a haul on Youtube and she talked about the body conditioner! Sounds lovely, what a great haul:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Ro's but I use it more in the winter- it is currently in my minifridge waiting out the summer time.

      Delete
  11. Aah! I love LUSH! I really want to try their new makeup products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was excited to try the line but it is expensive so I am slowly wading my way into it.

      Delete
  12. Ah! Lush hauls r the best ! My gosh look at all the samples you got lucky girl!! GR! Gotta get myself some goodies soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I feel very lucky- LUSH UK hooked me up right ;)

      Delete
  13. This is one of the most beautiful hauls I have ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I felt the same way when I was opening it up!

      Delete
  14. Hey! I found you via the BLT Blog Hop and am now following :)

    Check out my Covergirl GIVEAWAY! http://raveorrant.blogspot.com/2012/08/thank-you-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't know about the price difference, good to know! I will check that out when I decide to order from there, it's definitely on my wants list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah there is a HUGE difference in price for anything that comes in a black pot especially.

      Delete
  16. How do you get such inexpensive shipping? When I look it's £29!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is weird.. it is 9.95 for me! If you add way too much to your cart I think the price goes up? Over a certain weight you pay more I believe, but for regular 'royal mail' international shipping it is 9.95 :)

      Delete
  17. LOVE LOVE LOVE your Lush hauls! Awesome products...ENJOY! XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...