Sunday 11 March 2012

Review: LUSH ocean salt

I love LUSH cosmetics. One of my all time favourite products by LUSH is their Ocean Salt facial scrub. It is a part of my shower routine that I cannot go without! LUSH is currently having a campaign that features Ocean Salt so I thought I'd do a quick review.
Ocean Salt is made of fine and coarse sea salt, with cleansing grapefruit and lime, moisturizing avocado butters and coconut fat, and vodka to deal with clogged pores. It smells limey and salty. A little goes a long way; LUSHies compare Ocean Salt to gold. You do not want to waste it! It isn't particularly cheap for a scrub, and as such I personally only use it on my face. You can use it for your entire body if you are feeling luxurious but I personally use Rub Rub Rub as my body exfoliant.
While Ocean Salt is listed as a cleanser, you should not use it as a daily cleanser by any means! It will dry out and irritate your skin. I only use Ocean Salt when I'm in the shower as a facial scrub. If I applied it to dry skin, I am sure it would irritate it. However, my softened wet skin in the shower responds well to it, and Ocean Salt keeps my face free of annoying skin flakies. It also combats acne and moisturizes simultaneously which is awesome. This scrub comes in two sizes; I always buy the smaller size (120 g/19.95) because I find that the colour of it changes from pretty blue to yucky grey over time and I cannot use it up fast enough since I only use it on my face. When in the shower, I just cover my pointer finger in the scrub, and then rub it directly onto my cheeks, nose and chin area. I then rub it slowly in circular motions to scrub away any dead skin.
Overall, Ocean Salt is a must-have for anyone and everyone! Exfoliating is an important step in keeping your skin looking bright and fresh! LUSH has got it right with the perfect combination of ingredients to keep my skin happy.
If you have acne-prone or oily skin, you can use ocean salt 3-4 times a week. If you have dry skin or sensitive skin, I would suggest 1-2 times a week.
What are your thoughts on Ocean Salt?
--S

11 comments:

  1. Informative as always and definitely sounds like a must-try for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love this product but I haven't used it in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With warm weather on its way, it is a must have!

      Delete
  3. I've actually been looking for a product like this I'm gna give it a try, you've convinced me ! :) I have really acne proneness skin and I saw andreachoice on how to use sea salt in diff ways to help rid acne but I think I want to start off with a tested store product and gradually work my way to pure sea salt :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm I am interested in checking out this pure sea salt scrub, but I am pretty loyal to ocean salt as it is tried and true! but I bet the other way would be a lot cheaper ;) If you do buy it, let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  4. I like it. I use it 1-2 times a week as I'm afraid it'd be too harsh on my skin. But with the warm weather coming, I might also use it 3 times. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it every time I shower! Which is 4+ times a week. But I don't use a lot, and I don't scrub too vigorously.

      Delete
  5. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you literally kill fat by consuming Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...