Thursday 12 April 2012

Free Mario Badescu Skincare Samples!

Way back on March 26th, the lovely Jayne from  Cosmetic Proof  posted about Mario Badescu. She had received tons of free samples in the mail to try out! Without making a purchase, this skin care company will send you out a package of samples to try. If you like them, you can purchase the full-sized versions. They have skin care for all skin types, and the variety is amazing!
I highly suggest to stop by the website to check out what the company is all about! And if you want your own package of FREE samples, click here. You will answer some questions about your skin, give them your address, and they will send out what they recommend for your skin type, no strings attached! How cool is that?

Mario Badescu sent me the following to try out:
Enzyme Cleansing gel: This is their best selling cleanser. It is non-foaming, with papaya and grapefruit to clear away blackheads. It is thick, pearly green and lightly scented of traditional soap.
Glycolic Foaming cleanser: Meant for dull, congested skin, this lathering cleanser uses glycolic acid to break down buildup, and they recommend it only be used 2-3 times weekly. It smells similar to the Enzyme Cleanser, but it is much more watery. Both of these samples probably have enough cleanser in them for 5-7 uses.



Special Cucumber lotion: This is an astringent meant to dry up existing blemishes and prevent new ones with sulfur, and soothing cucumber. It smells alcohol-y and fruity at the same time. I haven't used astringent in years (only toner) and I am a little wary because its usually fairly harsh on the skin, but this one does contain cucumber. I am still hesitant but I will try it out.
Hyaluronic Eye cream: What a name! Apparently this has something called Hyaluronic acid in it, which helps lock in the skins natural moisture. It is supposed to be a lightweight version of eye cream, with aloe to sooth the skin. This is a tiny sample, but a little goes a long way with eye creams so I am guessing it might last up to 7 applications.
Oil Free moisturizer: This is meant for oily and problem skin, with 17 SPF! Once again, this is a really small sample, which is unfortunate because I am still looking for my perfect moisturizer! My pot came 50% full, whereas all the other samples were full to the brim. I would say there's enough to last 2-3 applications.
Strawberry Tonic mask: First off, I have to note that Mario Badescu has a TON of face masks! Check it out on his website. This clay-based mask is meant to absorb surface oils, with soothing balsam peru to reduce irritation and redness. It is supposed to be great for minimizing old acne scarring! It is very watery, and I am used to thicker face masks. However, it smells AMAZING! It smells just like strawberry slushies! Yum :) This is a very generous sample with enough to do a full face mask around 3 times.

They also suggested I should try their buffering lotion and drying lotion, neither of which they were able to send me a sample of.
I am looking forward to trying these tiny little samples out! It took about 2.5 weeks for the package to get to me, so by the time it arrived I had forgotten about it! It was a lovely surprise to see in my mailbox.
If I like the products, I will absolutely place an order. I am impressed by their gracious customer service.
Once again, if you want to try out their facial care for free, click here!
--S

PS. MAKE SURE YOU ENTER MY 50-FOLLOWER GIVEAWAY by clicking HERE

16 comments:

  1. Oh yay! So glad you got them! The eye cream has lasted more than a week for me. Maybe I have a really small eye area...the strawberry mask smells divine doesn't it? The samples were a pretty decent size I thought for something that was completely free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the mask smells amazing!! I am happy with the sample sizes except for the moisturizer- I wish it had come in the sample size of the mask :P

      Delete
  2. I went on the link you left, filled everything out and then it says I could add things to my basket but they cost money? CONFUSED!


    style-comes-from-within.blogspot.com
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should get an email afterwards informing you that you will be sent out some samples to try! that is what happened for me :)

      Delete
    2. okaay! I did it this morning and it's not come through still,but thanks anyway it's a great website!

      style-comes-from-within.blogspot.com
      xxxx

      Delete
  3. I am doing a blog post on the MB Enzyme Cleanser! It is my HG, I am obsessed! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also filled out the questionnaire and it leads to products I can put in my cart and pay for, it doesn't mention samples anywhere! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should get an email afterwards informing you that you will be sent out some samples to try! that is what happened for me :)

      Delete
    2. Oh ok! Thanks for the reply :)

      Delete
  5. They should send you an email a few days later offering you samples. I forgot about my email - going back in my inbox to respond to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gave it a shot ! That is awesome, I would love to try some out !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should get an email from them, stating what products they're going to send you! and then 2.5 weeks later you will get them, unless you live in the USA then I bet they'd come faster!

      Delete
  7. you're welcome! thanks for checking out my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there lady!
    Thanks so much for stopping
    by my little blog. I am your
    newest follower and am looking
    forward to checking out your
    site!

    Cheers,
    Liz at Simple Nests {simplenests.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hurray! I love your blog- glad we can be blogger friends.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...